Now in its second century, Audubon is dedicated to protecting birds and other wildlife and the habitat that supports them. Audubon’s mission is engaging people in bird conservation on a hemispheric scale through science, policy, education and on-the-ground conservation action. By mobilizing and aligning its network of Chapters, Centers, State and Important Bird Area programs in the four major migratory flyways in the Americas, the organization will bring the full power of Audubon to bear on protecting common and threatened bird species and the critical habitat they need to survive. And as part of BirdLife International, Audubon will join people in over 100 in-country organizations all working to protect a network of Important Bird Areas around the world, leveraging the impact of actions they take at a local level. What defines Audubon’s unique value is a powerful grassroots network of nearly 500 local chapters, 23 state offices, 41 Audubon Centers, Important Bird Area Programs in 50 states, and 700 staff across the country. Audubon is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Marketing and Communications Intern will assist the Director of Strategic Communications with creating compelling and engaging print and electronic communications to support the statewide conservation, engagement and fundraising efforts of Audubon New York.
The position will include:
• Assisting with writing, editing, and designing communications for print, email and web
• Identifying and drafting unique and compelling website articles and other communications materials that highlight core messages and successes of Audubon New York’s priority areas
• Collecting, editing, and organizing and managing photo assets
• Collecting and reporting media coverage
• Other activities or projects as needed to support Director of Strategic Communications and Development and Communications Associate