Now in its second century, Audubon is dedicated to protecting birds and other wildlife and the habitat that supports them. Audubon’s mission is engaging people in bird conservation on a hemispheric scale through science, policy, education and on-the-ground conservation action. By mobilizing and aligning its network of Chapters, Centers, State and Important Bird Area programs in the four major migratory flyways in the Americas, the organization will bring the full power of Audubon to bear on protecting common and threatened bird species and the critical habitat they need to survive. And as part of BirdLife International, Audubon will join people in over 100 in-country organizations all working to protect a network of Important Bird Areas around the world, leveraging the impact of actions they take at a local level. What defines Audubon’s unique value is a powerful grassroots network of nearly 500 local chapters, 23 state offices, 41 Audubon Centers, Important Bird Area Programs in 50 states, and 700 staff across the country. Audubon is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Reporting to the Director of Development Services, the Manager, Development Services is responsible for maintaining and reporting on the donor database of record. S/he will work closely Finance, Finance Operations and IT teams to provide a cohesive data structure for over 1 million donor records, managing an in-depth reporting system focusing on financial and moves management targets. The Manager, Development Services will also act as the lead subject matter expert for the Salesforce CRM, providing training and support to a network of 200 users.
• Partner with Development, IT and Finance Operations to manage the Audubon database, providing a cohesive, accurate and timely picture of donor information. Maintain Audubon’s Development Business Practices, providing up to date, accurate, and user-friendly supporting documentation for all Development systems.
• Generate reporting and analytics for the Development network. Deliver accurate gift reports on a biweekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. This includes, but is not limited to, generating analytics on current and historical Major Gift data for three National Board meetings annually, assisting with projection reports for the annual budget and two reforecasts, and providing support for the individual front-line fundraisers as needed.
• Act as a subject matter expert and Salesforce Ambassador for Salesforce CRM, providing training and coaching on Salesforce for a base of 200 users. Create documentation for the system’s best practices, offering additional support as needed.
• Work closely with Finance to report on the National Development revenue projections on a monthly basis, reporting on budget, the current forecast and actuals; act as the liaison between Development and Finance departments on revenue assumptions for the budget and forecasts, on both the donor and division level.
• Special projects as required.