Now in its second century, Audubon is dedicated to protecting birds and other wildlife and the habitat that supports them. Audubon’s mission is engaging people in bird conservation on a hemispheric scale through science, policy, education and on-the-ground conservation action. By mobilizing and aligning its network of Chapters, Centers, State and Important Bird Area programs in the four major migratory flyways in the Americas, the organization will bring the full power of Audubon to bear on protecting common and threatened bird species and the critical habitat they need to survive. And as part of BirdLife International, Audubon will join people in over 100 in-country organizations all working to protect a network of Important Bird Areas around the world, leveraging the impact of actions they take at a local level. What defines Audubon’s unique value is a powerful grassroots network of nearly 500 local chapters, 23 state offices, 41 Audubon Centers, Important Bird Area Programs in 50 states, and 700 staff across the country. Audubon is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Senior Project Manager, Business Transformation reports to the COO and is responsible for supporting Audubon’s business leaders by helping to ensure the successful completion of major initiatives. The Senior Project Manager, Business Transformation is a key member of the Transformation Office within the Office of the COO. The Senior Project Manager, Business Transformation may support multiple initiatives for multiple business “clients” within Audubon. This Senior Project Manager, Business Transformation position will primarily support initiatives in the Conservation area and requires hands-on, detail-oriented, analytical capabilities.
The Senior Project Manager, Business Transformation is a fully engaged, objective team member who works closely with all project team members and stakeholders. They may also assist in coordinating external vendors/parties as needed to accomplish the project’s objectives.
The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, results-driven, project management professional with a proven record of accomplishment.
This position will be based in Washington D.C. and will require some travel
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Applies project management methodologies and best practices in a practical manner appropriate for the project and team to ensure progress can be made
• Supports and enables the Business Staff Lead and workstream leads to plan end-to-end and think proactively to minimize risks and issues
• Monitors and tracks summary tasks, milestones, risk mitigation efforts, and issue resolutions
• Assists in resource and budget analysis and tracking, reporting status, and escalating issues as needed for decision-making and resolution by the Business Staff Lead
• Provides thought partnership and mentoring to the leads, if needed