Now in its second century, Audubon is dedicated to protecting birds and other wildlife and the habitat that supports them. Audubon’s mission is engaging people in bird conservation on a hemispheric scale through science, policy, education and on-the-ground conservation action. By mobilizing and aligning its network of Chapters, Centers, State and Important Bird Area programs in the four major migratory flyways in the Americas, the organization will bring the full power of Audubon to bear on protecting common and threatened bird species and the critical habitat they need to survive. And as part of BirdLife International, Audubon will join people in over 100 in-country organizations all working to protect a network of Important Bird Areas around the world, leveraging the impact of actions they take at a local level. What defines Audubon’s unique value is a powerful grassroots network of nearly 500 local chapters, 23 state offices, 41 Audubon Centers, Important Bird Area Programs in 50 states, and 700 staff across the country. Audubon is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Under the guidance of the Facilities Manager, the Full-time seasonal Custodian is responsible for helping maintain and taking pride and ownership of the Blair Audubon Center and the surrounding Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary grounds and buildings. The primary emphasis is cleaning and maintenance of the Blair Audubon Visitor Center, including the restrooms, and office buildings scattered throughout the campus. There will be light duty-maintenance associated with keeping these buildings in good condition such as; using high ladders to change light bulbs, paint touch-up, A/C filter cleaning, lubricating/fastening hardware, repairing faulty plumbing parts etc.
Days are intended to be Wednesday through Sunday or any variation that includes full-time weekend coverage.
• The primary functions are custodial and include cleaning of floors, sinks, toilets, mirrors, kitchen areas, offices, and restocking in all facilities throughout the campus.
• Empty trash and recycling and place in the proper container from throughout the campus
• Stock, restock and organize cleaning supplies.
• Provide assistance for special events and functions; responsible for setting up meeting rooms and other spaces when requested.
• Conduct deep cleaning of dorms and overnight spaces as requested on a seasonal basis.
• Maintenance task such as replacing plumbing parts, scheduled inspections, filter change-out, etc.
• Other duties as requested.
• Valid U.S. driver’s license.
• Demonstrated experience with custodial duties
• Demonstrate pride and ownership in his/hers work.
• Must possess good judgment and be able to work independently.
• A flexible approach to work, and willingness to work various hours to support Center and Sanctuary needs.
• Highly ethical, honest and reliable.