The National Audubon Society is a nonprofit conservation organization that protects birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow. We work throughout the Americas using science, advocacy, education, and on-the-ground conservation. Audubon’s state, regional, national, and international programs, nature centers, and chapters have an unparalleled wingspan that reaches millions of people each year to inform, inspire, and unite diverse communities in conservation action. As a sentinel species, we recognize that the fate of birds is inextricably tied to the fate of us all.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be self-motivated, able to follow directions and work independently and as part of a small team.
• Must demonstrate ability to be reliable and punctual.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must be comfortable working with youth and the general public.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience coordinating and training volunteers.
• Demonstrates excellent leadership and interpersonal skills (positive, outgoing, motivational)
• Experience with Volgistics or a similar volunteer database is preferred.
• Marketing, graphic design, photography, or social media experience preferred.
• Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of the National Audubon Society.
• Pursuing or accomplished degree in education, science, museum studies, or related field preferred.
• Bilingual ability (Spanish/English) preferred.
The National Audubon Society is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination, inclusion and equal opportunity and actively seek a diverse pool of candidates in this search.
The National Audubon Society endeavors to keep our careers site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Accommodations@audubon.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
All new hires must be fully vaccinated prior to their start of employment unless they are pre-qualified by HR for exemption.